Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Who Do You Trust?

I often think I am a Rousseau gal trapped in a Hobbesian world...because anything associated with construction is Hobbesian, as I think all will attest.

So, the seemingly nice woman from Dominion, who promised she would get me an estimate over a week ago called me back today and left a fairly lengthy voicemail stating that she got my messages and was sorry but she was out sick all last week. However, she assured me (thrice) that I am a priority and she will get the estimate out to me "within a day or two."

She sounds sorta sick. But that's not hard to fake and she wasn't croaking or anything. However, we are having a swine flu pandemic here in DC (and everywhere, but it's like people decided that since it doesn't kill ya, they'll just go back to sneezing and coughing without covering their mouths, then wiping their noses and grabbing the metro/escalator handle - hasn't anyone heard of the word KLEENEX?).

So, I find my pendulum swinging from "Oh, here we go AGAIN," to "Oh my goodness, the poor thing!!" But then my little Hobbesian creeps out and says "Yeah, right." I leave it to you, fair readers...take the poll above and let me know what to believe.

No comments: