Monday, August 10, 2009

Now Serving

I'm a sucker for the subplot, the twist, the undertow, the show-within-the-show. As I am sure several of my posts have already exhibited, I tend to wander off the main storyline into TangentLand fairly frequently. I'd like to think that this is due to my own interest in the behind-the-scenes action, but it's more likely a product of my poor storytelling skills and lack of focus.

Yet it strikes me, especially of late, that the main story of Hausaufgoblin can kind of feel...unoriginal...in its plot. Hapless Homeowners With Good Hearts Naively Get Suckered By Evil Greedy Contractors is a story with a Dickensian formula that, while I hope is well-written on better days, is also perhaps as formulaic as American Political Masterpiece Theater: Tonight's Episode - Naive Obama Twist tries to save us from impending health care doom, but will this good cause be cruelly sabotaged at the hands of the conniving Rush Limbaughburgerbottom who seeks to take us all down just to ensure Obama Twist doesn't succeed? Stay tuned!! And I hope you do stay tuned for the occasional bon mot, the rare elegant turn of phrase, or perhaps just to remind yourselves why renting is better. However, I think the time has come to add an unexpected twist in this tired old plot.

So, to keep things lively, my new blog-within-the-blog will feature culinary escapades called "Now Serving." It'll be surprising, informative, adventurous, and most importantly will not involve whining of any sort! And check out the cool button on the side (created by my fabulous spouse) that will enable you, dear reader, to go straight to this and all future episodes of Now Serving with a single click. Season 1 of Now Serving features my current muse: Lello the Birthday Gelato Machine. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Here's a trailer for the first episode: Eagles vs. L'OM/Football vs. Football/Vanilla vs. Vanille

No comments: