Friday, February 27, 2009

I Can't Quit You, Girl Scout Cookie

This is it.  The end of the box.  Goodbye Thin Mints!  Our time together was too short, as it always is.  I stretched out our tryst for as long as I could, tasting your sweetness only 3 times a day - except for that one time, when I really needed that extra pick-me-up at 8pm when I knew I couldn't go home for another hour, at least.  But it never matters.  It always ends like this:  you, disappearing, leaving me wanting more.  But I can't quit you.  I've been a sucker for you since I was pimping you out to my neighbors at age 6.

Why do I only get to eat you once a year?!  WHY?????!!!  I'd still pay $3.50 for you if we got together twice a year, I swear, baby.  And maybe then we could invite your friends...that nutty Samoan chick and that little Tag-A-Long sister of yours.  We could hang out in the Lemon Chalet and do a Do-Si-Do if you know what I'm sayin'...

Well, let me know.  I'll be here like I am every year.  Call me!


2 comments:

Ziggy said...

So, she's been out with you too. Peddling her minty goodness all over town. Well that tears it! I'm done with Miss Thin Mints forever....well mostly. If you still want me baby - just call.

Joy said...

Dave's survival guide for you:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/surviving-girl-scout-cookie-season